Monday, December 13, 2010

Then 'tis like the breath of an unfed lawyer. You gave me nothing for't

If I did not pursue this, I would regret it always. This means there are no options. Varying tempos, and crescendos, and changing rhythms, yes, but the course is plotted. There is no going back from here. I won't be a fisherman telling stories about the big one that got away.

I will not brook regrets. I will not carry them with me.

I love those conversations where you get turned on to the limitless possibilities that lie ahead. They keep happening now, with all sorts of different people. They spark me. I could do anything. Anything!

I'm plastic.

You just have to make sure you're not overwhelmed by the possibilities. Sometimes I have to ask her to give me three choices, and then I can pick. Me knowing that I won't be offending anyone, and relieved of the burden of winnowing, that is the efficient me.

1 comment:

  1. Those conversations are some of the best. In fact I had one just the other evening with a housemate who is considering a change in his "concentration." It is never to too late to figure out what you want to be when you grow up. Today is the day to tell someone how you feel about them, as is tomorrow.

    I say, without a note of irony, that I love you brother.

    ReplyDelete